Sexual Medicine is an evolving field that requires the consistent review of diagnostic and treatment strategies. Moreover, sexual medicine clinicians need up‐to‐date reviews of topics that affect the care of their patients. Specifically, such clinicians need to be aware of:
- Current available approved and non-approved medical therapies for Peyronie’s disease with the pros and cons of each therapy, particularly injection therapy.
- Surgical treatment for Peyronie’s disease with the patient selection and the use of each surgical techniques with the novel ideas to restore penile morphology and size.
- Being aware of the new editor-in-chief and the future direction of Journal of Sexual Medicine, the focus of the upcoming international consultation for sexual medicine and the practice pattern for the members of SMSNA regarding the testosterone replacement.
- Current understanding of the priapism and possible medical prevention, management strategies including medical and surgical options at the different stages of the disease.
- Understand the progress in female sexual dysfunction and translate the knowledge in urological and gynecological practice.
- Learn from the expert how to become a successful physician in sexual medicine.
- Advances in penile prosthetic surgery with selection of implant types, managing penile deformity and obtaining the best outcomes with post implant rehabilitation as well as the best procedure coding.
- Management of difficult cases with orgasm dysfunction and the update for premature ejaculation.
- Being aware of new technology on horizon for erectile dysfunction that may soon become available including low energy shock wave and nanotechnology.
- Recent and emerging concepts in the link between sexual dysfunction and infertility, colorectal cancer treatment and the risk of prostate cancer with sexual behavior.
- Understanding sexual dysfunction also common conditions in sexually minority population.
After attending this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify challenges and opportunities in medical management of Peyronie’s disease.
- Describe different surgical techniques for Peyronie’s disease and the selection criteria.
- Explain the future direction of Journal of Sexual Medicine, the topic covered by upcoming international consultation and the practice pattern for testosterone replacement.
- Describe the prevention, medical intervention and surgical procedures for priapism.
- Describe new development for female sexual dysfunction and the clinical practice pathway.
- Share the experience being an expert in sexual medicine.
- Identify strategies to optimize surgical outcomes in prosthetic surgery.
- Describe management strategies for ejaculatory disorders and orgasmic dysfunction.
- Understand the science of novel technology for erectile dysfunction.
- Recognize the link between sexual dysfunction and infertility, the effect colorectal cancer has on the sexual health and the risk of prostate cancer with different sexual behaviors.
- Recognize sexual dysfunction in lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons.