Ronald W. Lewis Lifetime Achievement Award
Dr. Ronald W. Lewis is a well-known figure in both the International Society for the Study of Sexual Medicine (ISSM) and the Sexual Medicine Society of North America (SMSNA), as a founding member and past president of both societies. Dr. Lewis is the oldest living past-president of ISSM and is part of the team responsible for the creation of the Journal of Sexual Medicine (JSM). He also served as co-editor of the Journal of Andrology from 1992 to 1997. Despite facing a number of significant health challenges over the years, Dr. Lewis has never waivered in his dedication and participation in both organizations.
For the first few years, this award was known simply as the Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2016, the SMSNA leadership decided there was no one more appropriate to dedicate this award to than their mentor and colleague, Dr. Ronald W. Lewis, who was also its first recipient. Since then, the award has officially been known as the Ronald W. Lewis Lifetime Achievement Award, and it is given to recognize dedication and commitment to the field of sexual medicine and to the SMSNA.
- October 2022: Michael A. Perelman, PhD
- October 2021: Steven K. Wilson, MD, FACS, FRCS
- November 2018: Nestor Gonzalez-Cadavid, PhD
- October 2017: Fernando D. Borges, MD
- November 2016: Ronald W. Lewis, MD
- May 2016: Drogo K. Montague, MD
- November 2015: Laurence A. Levine, MD
- November 2014: Culley C. Carson III, MD
- November 2013: Irwin Goldstein, MD
- November 2012: Ira D. Sharlip, MD