The SMSNA supports the collection of data by vetting and approving survey instruments on a variety of topics related to sexual medicine. Surveys are vetted by the Educational Projects Committee, which uses the criteria established by the Journal of Sexual Medicine for evaluating the content and the instrument itself.
Practice Patterns of Sexual Medicine Experts Towards POIS
There is a POIS (post orgasmic illness syndrome) international working group including Drs. Wayne Helstrom, Irwin Goldstein, Ege Serefoglu, Omar Raheem, Amy Pearlman and Coby Reisman and Rachel Rubin. This survey is meant to understand what doctors are currently doing to treat POIS and how much success they have. They are also working on a registry for patients to better understand their experiences.
SMSNA Survey Dissemination
The option to disseminate a survey is a benefit of SMSNA membership. If you are a member of SMSNA, below are the guidelines for initiating a request and the process by which a survey is vetted and approved. This process is meant to facilitate fair and objective handling of all requests. Please allow up to 2-weeks for consideration.
Process: Any survey proposed for dissemination to the SMSNA membership, including those surveys developed by Committees on behalf of the SMSNA, will requires the following:
- Submission of a request (see link to the request form below)
- Review and approval decision by the Educational Projects Committee
- If the committee suggests revisions, these will need to be addressed prior to dissemination
- If survey dissemination time frame exceeds 3-months, full Board approval is required
- Acknowledgement that the results of a survey may not be recognized as a response on behalf of the Association on any specific topic
- Active surveys will be listed on a dedicated webpage on www.smsna.org including the survey title, description, target population to take the survey, and collection dates.
- Each approved survey will be promoted via SMSNA emailings and on social media (two times each) with a link to the survey webpage on www.smsna.org. Surveys will not be distributed via any dedicated email.
- There is no cost for SMSNA members.